Direct Online Motor Starter – Square DDifferent starting methods are employed for starting induction motors because Induction Motor draws more starting current during starting. To prevent damage to the windings due to the high starting current flow, we employ different types of starters.The simplest form of motor starter for the induction motor is the Direct On Line starter. The Direct On Line Motor Starter (DOL) consist a MCCB or Circuit Breaker, Contactor and an overload relay for protection. Electromagnetic contactor which can be opened by the thermal overload relay under fault conditions.Typically, the contactor will be controlled by
- Differences Between Electric Motors and Generators
- What Is Induction Motor Slip?
- Breaking Down the Difference between AC and DC Generators
- What is Polarization Index Testing
- The Top 10 Biggest Wastewater Treatment Plants: Updated!
- 4-Quadrant Motor Control & 2-Quadrant Operation
- 7 Common NEMA Motor Enclosure Types
- 3 Types of VFDs and what they are used for
- The DC Motor/Generator Commutation Mystery
- Commissioning Testing: The Step By Step Procedure