Update 5/7/12: Seats still available
Designed for plant supervisors, engineers, and consultants wishing to improve their understanding of hydroelectric control systems. It also offers practical considerations for planning and executing control system upgrade projects.
Click here for an information packet and registration information.
- Governor Theory
- Evolutionary Overview of Governor Systems
- A Digital Governor: System Overview
- Modern Digital Control Modes
- Managing Obsolescence
- Considerations for Evaluating an Existing System
- Review of PID Control Theory and Tuning Simulation, including LSConfig with Trending
- System Mechanical / Hydraulic Analysis
- Practical Control System Specifications
- Excitation Systems
- Main Distributing Valves
- Instrumentation and Signal Feedback Considerations
- Integration of Protective Systems
- NERC/CIP Requirements
- (3) Case Studies: Presented by customers from their perspective
- L&S Electric – Engineering Division, 1810 Cty Rd XX, Rothschild, WI 54474 USA View Map
- Phone: 877-258-5128. Fax: 715-355-5948
- $1850 USD.
- Fee includes: Lodging, Ice Breaker Reception, Continental Breakfast and Lunch Each Day, (2) L&S Electric-sponsored Dinner Events, and a Course Reference Binder.