Hydraulic Pressure Supply Systems
The L&S Standard Hydraulic Pressure Unit (HPU) is a modular assembly designed for ease of maintenance, reduced operating costs, and long-term reliability.
- L&S modular HPUs are designed for the following applications:
- Replacement of existing high-pressure HPUs
- Replacement of existing low-pressure HPUs that are converted to higher pressures
- New installations
Sizing & Design
- Each hydraulic pressure system is designed to meet
- IEEE 125-2007 requirements for high-pressure oil systems.
- The systems are designed to consider the difference in adiabatic characteristics of nitrogen charged systems versus air charged systems.
- Cyclic pump operation provides energy efficient system
- Designed for low operating cost and ease of maintenance
- High efficiency, inverter duty motors
- Motor efficiency complies with NEMA PremiumTM efficiency levels
- Long life due to ball bearing and inverter duty design
- All modules designed for 1800/1500 RPM operation to maximize module life and minimize pump cavitation/noise
- C-Face motor/pump coupling design eliminates coupling alignment requirements
- On-line replaceable as a “module”
- HPU is designed to allow pump/motor assembly to lift straight up from the HPU cover after removing 4 bolts and pump outlet fitting for ease of maintenance/replacement
- Each module includes integral lifting points
- Designed for normal operation at rated full load amps
- Service factor capability is not used in normal operating range.
Relief Valve / Check Valve / Pump Isolation Valve
- Standard for every pump module.
- Double Block and Bleed configurations are available.
- Independent relief valve
- Standard on pump modules larger than 10 HP, optional for pump modules 10 HP or less
- Motor can start with pump unloaded then load pump once motor is up to normal speed (minimizes current inrush)
- Individual pump outlet filter provides continuous oil filtering when pumps are running.
- Each pump can be used as a kidney loop filter by running pump unloaded between pump cycles.
- Pump outlet filter capacity is oversized for application to increase time between oil filter replacements.
- Optional Temperature control
- Pump can be used as a temperature control device to keep oil temperature within a normal operating range