Lufkin-RMT’s Ultra Bearing® sets a New World Record* with a Surface Velocity of 575 f/s, 175 m/s. (*Unofficial)
Lufkin-RMT continues to provide innovative bearing design features. Their patented Spray-Bar Blocker® and By-Pass Cooling® advancements ensure unsurpassed reduced operating temperatures, increased load capacities and increased surface velocities.
This same patent technology is offered in their Ultra Pressure Dam Sleeve Bearings® and our Ultra Thrust Bearings®. Lufkin’s focus on using only the finest materials, most precise machinery, and the utmost in quality control, has earned them the reputation for quality that is second to none. Lufkin-RMT is the recognized world leader in high-speed, high load, tilting pad bearings for severe applications.
Lufkin-RMT’s Tilting Pad Journal Bearing Severe Application Experience
Lufkin-RMT’s Tilting Pad Journal Bearings are among the most efficient and reliable in the industry today. The bearings they manufacture provide:
- Accurately ground and hand lapped spherical pivots to ensure perfect pad-to-journal alignment
- Offset pivots for increased load capacity
- Babbitted chrome copper pads for superior heat dissipation
- Oil inlet spray bars and open end seals enable bearing operating temperature reductions by as much as 20%
- Precision machined pad bores for decreased shaft vibration
Additional Ultra Bearing Options
Ultra Thrust Bearings Features:
- Self-equalizing with double spherical pivots
- Copper pads with By-Pass Cooling
For more information about how Lufkin-RMT’s gearing products can help, contact L&S Electric!