The Seven-step Process for Basic Electrical Troubleshooting
Periodically it is good to review the basics.
The seven steps are:
- Gathering information
- Understanding the malfunction
- Identifying which parameters need to be evaluated
- Identifying the source of the problem
- Correcting/Repairing the component
- Verifying the repair
- Performing root cause analysis
For the next seven weeks, PdMA will be reviewing the seven steps for basic electrical troubleshooting starting next week with Gathering Information.