Dave Bertolini with People and Processes Inc., writes this article providing further proof regarding provided by vibration analysis.
The benefits of a vibration analysis program include:
- reduced energy use through reduced friction
- lower overall lubrication costs
- lower maintenance and repair costs
- fewer consequential losses due to downtime
- savings in investments due to higher utilization ratios
- greater equipment efficiency labor savings savings from extended equipment life
The biggest advantage?
This is non-intrusive maintenance. Most PdM techniques require the equipment to be in a normal operating condition, and this situation minimizes or eliminates downtime for maintenance activities.
Please read the whole article.